Friday, July 27, 2007

The Blogging starts here....

First a little background on our family. I am happily married to my husband Donny for 8 years. My stepdaugther lives with us and is 12 years old. As she says, I am her mother. We are currently following the Baby Steps in Dave Ramsey's TMMO. We are in baby step 2 and are snowballing our debt. Its been a struggle but we are really close to getting this step done and moving on to our family financial freedom.

I am an accounting analysis and my husband is a generator mechanic. We both work alot of hours - especially my husband. He got on board with TMMO - attended FPU with me and then went and saw Dave with me live. Its awesome to have my spouse onboard and we are doing this as a team and changing our family tree.

We have been living in our house here in Baytown Texas for 6 years. Once we get to BS3 our FFEF done we will concentrate on paying the mortgage off in 2-3 years. We live out in country one acre of land. We have a 4 bedroom house with a barn and a garage.

We are a family who usually work, play and attend church together. My husband is my best friend. We are different but then we are alike - which makes our marriage great!

I am the geek in the family - being the accountant - I love working with budgets and excel spreadsheets. I am always looking for new financial tools to use and help us achieve financial freedom.

So to end today's blog - our family goal is to achieve financial freedom forever and never go back to owing anyone any money at all.

No comments: